Hello IGDA Members,
As always, thank you so much for your support and participation. Because of your engagement, this organization is able to evolve, grow, and better serve all of its members.
The Board of Directors recently had their semi-annual offsite meeting. We met for two days to discuss IGDA business, assess our achievements from last year, and develop the guiding vision for the organization for the future.
At last year’s offsite meeting, four main priorities were identified:
- Global Game Jam
- IGDA Scholars
- IGDA Summit / Leadership Forum
Here is the current status of each of those projects:
- The IGDA website redesign project is moving full steam ahead. We’ve finished creating and distributing the RFP (request for proposal) and are working to source and select a vendor.
- The IGDA Scholars program had a bigger year than ever and we now have a new IGDA Scholarship committee to help beef up the program and its infrastructure. We have some fantastic volunteers helping oversee things: Heather Decker-Davis, Luke Dicken, Kenji Ono, and Ashley Zeldin.
- Global Game Jam was wildly successful – so much so that the event is now officially a Guinness World Record holder. There are tons of volunteers all around the world preparing for the 2013 jam.
- We had a great IGDA Summit – two amazing keynotes and lots of great sessions. Many attendees told us that IGDA Summit and Casual Connect (our generous partner – huge thanks to them!) are now their two favorite game dev conferences to attend each year.
During this year’s transitional period, the Board decided to re-work its focus for the next six months. Each Board Member selected a few key areas as their priority moving forward spread between the new “Top Three” and some general operations areas.
The “Top Three” main focuses for the board going forward are:
- IGDA Website Redesign
- Membership Program
- Fair Employment Agreements
The rest of the board’s time will be focused on the following:
- Executive Committee
- Executive Director Search
- “Staff Box” aka Day to Day Operations
If you have questions regarding any of these key focus areas, please feel free to reach out to us. Individual email addresses can be found at http://www.igda.org/directors, or you can contact the entirety of the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will continue to provide updates on these projects monthly, so please watch this blog for our meeting minutes.
Speaking of meeting minutes, at the Board offsite we also approved the July meeting minutes. You can view those and any previous minutes at http://www.igda.org/board/minutes.
Our next meeting will be held on Thursday, September 27th. August minutes will be made available once they are approved and ready for posting.
Thank you again for your participation.
We look forward to serving you and hope that you’re having a great year!
IGDA Board of Directors