The call for nominations for the IGDA Board of Directors has begun. Anyone interested in running for the Board of Directors should download the Board Nomination packet from the elections page here: http://www.igda.org/elections/2013elections. Nomination certificates, along with the names of 10 members supporting your nomination are due by 23:59 PST (UTC-8) on 28 January 2013. Voting begins 4 March 2013 with new directors taking office on 1 April 2013.
REMINDER: Any individual wishing to participate in these elections must be a voting eligible member by the close of nominations on 28 January 2013.
Below is the 2013 IGDA Board of Directors Election Schedule:
- 7 January: Begin call for nominations.
- 28 January: End call for nominations; all nominations must be received by this date. All voting eligible members of record as of this date may vote.
- 29 January: All submitted candidates are reviewed and confirmed they meet requirements by the Executive Director and those passing requirements are sent to the Nomination Committee.
- 30 January: Nomination Committee begins review process of candidates to help determine a recommended final slate.
- 20 February: Final recommended slate provided to the Board by the Nomination Committee for ratification.
- 21 February: Board meets and approves final slate of candidates to present to membership for voting.
- 29 February: All members of record as of this date are eligible to vote.
- 4 March: Election materials with voting instructions are emailed to all eligible members; voting commences.
- 18 March: Voting period ends; e-ballots are counted.
- 21 March: Board meets and either certifies election results or appoints directors if quorum is not met.
- 22 March: Election results are announced.
- 1 April: Newly elected Directors take their seats.
All members eligible to vote will will receive an email with voting instructions starting 4 March 2013. Please note: student members are not eligible to vote.
If you have any questions please contact Kate Edwards, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.