18 July 2009
Here is the latest round of activity updates from our Board Members.
- Working with Joseph Sapp and Joshua Caulfield to speed up rate of chapter chartering process.
- Secretary stuff, including getting the word out about new meeting minutes format.
- Helping out with GameX.
- Completed agreement with GDC Europe. Major discount for members plus a meeting room available for us throughout.
- Helped arrange IGDA sponsorship agreement with Autodesk
- Working on sponsorships for IGDA Leadership forum.
- Preparing for GDC Austin
- Participated in calls with our Web Portal developer
- Treasurer work, including new set of updated financials.
- Coordinating with Talley in switching over to QuickBooks
- Working on agreement with an industry sales professional who will reach out to traditional and new sponsors in support of IGDA activities and events.
- Attended an in-person meeting with the web developers in Montreal along with Tobi, Joe Casey and Joseph Sapp (with Joshua on the phone). Meeting lasted one day and went well. Have since been having weekly conference calls and reports from the developers.
- SIG coordination.
- Exploring potential PR relationships
- Worked with IGDA Leadership Forum to help coordinate details. Close to setting final speakers.
- Talking with IGDA Japan about international chapter relationships
- Governance Committee meeting and associated work.
- Awards coordination work with AIAS.
- Coordination with European Games Awards
- Foundation: Foundation Trustees voted to fund a survey tool for use by various IGDA SIGs. Also, discussions with the new IGDA Executive Director regarding best practices to grow the Foundation.
- QOL: Continuing involvement with efforts to transform the former QOL Committee into the new Quality of Life Special Interest Group. Ongoing work to complete and promulgate both developer and studio surveys related to workplace issues.
Also Joshua Caulfield, our Executive Director isn’t letting any grass grow under his feet, and you can read what he’s up to at: http://igdaed.wordpress.com/2009/07/15/16/
2 July 2009
It’s a big day for us at IGDA as we announce the hiring of Joshua Caulfield as our new Executive Director.
I’ve been working with Joshua for a few weeks, and already I can start to see the positive changes he is bringing. Ours is a vast and sprawling organization, with so many SIGs and chapters and different volunteer efforts that it’s almost impossible to keep track of everything that’s going on. But Joshua understands the challenges and is learning quickly.
Joshua has started up a staff blog, which he promises to update at least once a week. http://igdaed.wordpress.com/. I think we can all look forward to greater transparency into the workings of the org, and an increasingly stable infrastructure that will help all of us achieve our many and varied goals.
1 July 2009
Gordon Bellamy here. We are proud to share that we are continuing and improving our long standing partnership with Think Services for the upcoming GDC Europe event in Cologne Germany , August 17th – 19th, 2009.
GDC Europe provides a great opportunity for our SIGs and Chapters to convene, learn and share game knowledge and experiences this summer.
Thanks to the collaboration and guidance from our chapter leaders and SIG leaders across the globe, we will have an on-site IGDA meeting room for the entire event, whose schedule for Chapter and SIG get togethers will be scheduled and listed in the GDC Europe program.
There is a 10% Discount for all IGDA Members… so be sure to send people to
http://www.igda.org/join because this discount ALONE more than covers their annual membership.
Details to follow from the SIG and Chapter leaders.
to learn more about your respective Chapters and SIGs of interest and what their GDC Europe specific plans may be in the weeks ahead.
And IGDA is also of course a key contributor to the show’s content. We will highlight key talks by IGDA members in the weeks ahead as well.
IGDA Members receive a 10% discount off of Main Conference and All Access Passes when they register with code: GDCEIGDA
Register before the end of early registration (7/29) and save even more.
any questions/suggestions are encouraged and appreciated. . . email@example.com